|Each of the Borrowers listed |
|on Appendix I hereto |
|One Post Office Square |
|Boston, MA 02109 |
||Jonathan S. Horwitz, |
||Executive Vice President, Principal Executive Officer and Compliance Liaison |
||Eighth Amendment to Putnam Funds Uncommitted Line of Credit |
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Pursuant to a letter agreement dated as of July 6, 2010 (as amended, the “Loan Agreement”) among State Street Bank and Trust Company (the “Bank”) and each of the management investment companies registered under the Investment Company Act listed on Appendix I attached thereto (each, a “Borrower”), the Bank has made available to each of the Borrowers, for itself or on behalf of designated fund series thereof, a $185,000,000 uncommitted, unsecured line of credit (the “Uncommitted Line”). The obligations of the Borrowers arising under the Uncommitted Line are evidenced by an amended and restated promissory note in the original principal amount of $185,000,000, dated March 30, 2012, executed by each of the Borrowers, for itself or on behalf of such designated fund series thereof, in favor of the Bank (as amended, the “Existing Note”). Any capitalized term not otherwise defined herein shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Loan Agreement.
The Borrowers have requested, and the Bank has agreed, to make certain changes to the Loan Documents and to waive certain provisions of the Loan Agreement as set forth below. Therefore, for good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
I. Amendments to Loan Documents
Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, the Loan Documents are hereby amended as follows:
1. The preamble to the Loan Agreement is hereby amended by deleting the dollar amount “$185,000,000” wherever it may appear and substituting the dollar amount “$235,500,000” in each instance therefor.
2. Section I(1) of the Loan Agreement is hereby amended by deleting the first sentence in its entirety and substituting the following therefor: “The Uncommitted Line shall expire on June 26, 2015 (the “Expiration Date”), unless extended by mutual agreement of the Bank and the Borrowers or, with respect to any Fund, terminated by a Borrower on behalf of such Fund as provided herein.”
June 27, 2014
3. Section II(16) of the Loan Agreement is hereby amended by restating the following definition appearing therein to read in its entirety as follows:
“Uncommitted Line Amount” shall mean $235,500,000.
4. The Borrowers have informed the Bank that The George Putnam Fund of Boston d/b/a George Putnam Balanced Fund has changed its name to the George Putnam Balanced Fund.
5. The Appendix I attached to the Loan Agreement and the Appendix I (or other applicable schedule, appendix or exhibit designation), as applicable, attached to each other certificate, agreement or form executed and/or delivered in connection with the Loan Agreement which includes such an Appendix I (or other applicable schedule, appendix or exhibit designation) listing the Borrowers and Funds, is hereby deleted and the Appendix I attached hereto is substituted in each instance therefor, such revised Appendix I reflecting the name change of the Fund as described in paragraph 4.